The Universal Banker is a sales-solution, service, and transaction provider for all consumer and business customers. Universal Bankers are responsible for identifying customer needs and opportunities while deepening relationships by recommending appropriate sales and service solutions. The Universal Banker ensures an excellent customer experience by creating positive customer relationships while effectively communicating a clear understanding of BankNewport’s products and services. Universal Bankers will identify opportunities through the needs based selling solutions including referrals to other partners/departments. Universal Bankers will engage in sales and solution activities which supports Bank strategy.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Identify customer needs through discovery and sales techniques to provide solutions to meet customer needs and/or refer customers to business partners. Cross-sell bank products to new and existing customers, using the established sales standards and routines. Transitions customer service transactions to relationship building results through discovery process to meet established sales goals.
2. Markets a full range of consumer and small business banking services to existing customers and prospects.
3. Meet individual and branch sales goals by maximizing each customer interaction through proactive prospecting activities such as lobby leadership, outbound calling, branch marketing events and community activities. Fully understands and participates in the “We’re All In” Incentive Plan.
4. Maintain full proficiency in cash handling transactions by performing transactions accurately and in a timely manner. Accurately process transactions within balancing guidelines.
5. Opens consumer & small business accounts. Originates loan applications, processes and closes loans. Performs maintenance changes to existing accounts, answers customer questions and resolves account related problems.
6. Provides exceptional internal & external customer service.
7. Demonstrates ownership of any customer problem or request by utilizing available resources and following up to ensure effective resolution and customer satisfaction.
8. Maintains proficiency and knowledge of various bank channels and services such as ATM functionality, e-Banking products/services including mobile banking, bill pay and other services. Ensures customers are aware of and know how to use the various channels.
9. Adhere to all bank policies and procedures, audit, regulatory and security guidelines.
10. Processes and settles ATM work or Vault cash as needed.
ADDITIONAL ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs any functions necessary, within scope of authority and expertise, to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to internal and external customers.
2. Actively participates in outbound call efforts, including calling nights.
3. Universal Banker will be responsible for fulfilling the Lobby Leader role. The objective of this role is to create an extraordinary experience for customers each time they enter the branch. Activities include:
1. Creating a warm experience for customers by welcoming them BankNewport
2. Introducing self, ask for customer’s name.
3. Obtaining reason for the visit.
4. Ask additionally questions to make appropriate recommendation.
5. Determining how to direct/service customers.
6. Actively Listening to assess needs and acknowledge what you heard
7. Transitioning to deeper conversations or demonstrating eBanking services using IPad,
8. Assisting customers in downloading mobile application.
9. Transitioning to a relationship review or referring customers to a banker.
10. Escorting customers to the door, open the door for customer
11. Thanking customers for choosing BankNewport or for visiting BankNewport
4. A Universal Banker may be asked to fulfill certain supervisory responsibilities by the Branch Sales Manager. These responsibilities include – opening and closing the branch, vault cash, performing quarterly audits, supervisor overrides, and service charge reversals. The ideal candidate must have an overall performance rating of 3 or above while exhibiting sound judgement. This designation of responsibilities allows the Universal Banker the opportunity to develop into the Sr. Universal Banker as applicable.
5. Provides flexibility of coverage during branch hours of operation and at other branches with the area as needed.
6. Performs related and unrelated duties as may be needed.
• BA/BS degree is preferred or equivalent experience in retail sales.
• Must have at least 6 months cash handling experience.
• Must have at least 2 years of financial sales experience in a goal or incentive-based environment and at least 2 years of customer service experience or equivalent experience in the industry.
• Knowledge of mortgages and lending services required.
• Must have excellent customer service, communications, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Individual must be proficient with technology; Microsoft Office, specifically word and excel and possess familiarity with technical devices including tablets and smartphones.
No supervisory responsibility
Performs work within established guidelines and according to specific procedures. Refers problems to immediate supervisor.
BankNewport has a sales oriented culture to which all employees must adhere. It is expected that both internal and external customers be treated with competence, courtesy and concern. We must strive, as employees, to discover our customers’ needs and to determine and decide which product or service best meets those needs. Following a discussion, a solution should be developed to meet or exceed the customer’s expectations.